2 Critical Components To Create Compelling Content Your Readers Will Adore
Published in Marketing.
Believe it or not, but creating captivating posts that attract your target audience is one of the hardest tasks you’ll have to face when it comes to creating content for your social media accounts, blogs or websites.
If you’re working for others, you may even have short deadlines to meet and this in itself can create immense pressure to deliver the goods which can unfortunately lead to writer’s block.
Some people may even find the content creation process intimidating. That’s why it’s always essential to plan ahead and structure the outline of your content so it makes it easier when it comes to putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard).
Being talented helps, but even the most talented of writers can at times struggle to create compelling content on a consistent basis.
So how can you make your life easier when writing content like posts and articles? Easy, just apply the following principle: Planning, Creation and Revision
Every great article is planned from the very beginning
Every great article you have seen around the web was thoroughly planned out first… And you’ll need to do the exact same when setting out to create your article.
This will help you not only to organize your ideas, but keep you focused and and stay on point. Remember, writing is just like any other business; therefore, planning is absolutely necessary for the best possible results.
Now, let’s talk about what you need to take into consideration when it comes to planning your article to make it best possible and most engaging piece of content your audience will love:
- Define how long your article will be. Writing for a blog isn’t the same thing as writing for Twitter, for example.
- Choose how in-depth you will talk about the topic. Generally, the longer and more detailed your article is, the more helpful to the reader it will be.
- Plan out and structure your content like the headlines as this will make it easier and keep your writing lean and concise.
- Make sure to research the topic you’re covering, thoroughly. The more knowledge you have on the subject, the better your article will, generally.
- Find out who’s your target market is and adapt your writing style to suit their needs. At the end of the day, the more you can resinate with your audience, the more your content will resinate with them.
- Now it’s time to create your content!
After researching and structuring how you’re going to lay everything out, you now need to start creating your content following the plan you created.
If new ideas come to you while you’re writing, you can add them as you’re writing your article. When creating your content, make sure to consider the following:
- All the ideas should be ordered by priority, so the content makes sense and your message resinates with the correct audience.
- Search and use all the tools you can so you can make your message clearer to the readers, like audio, video, images an even sources that contribute more value to your visitors.
- Everything has an order, and that includes the previous tools we mentioned. An article that’s overloaded with images will be hard to read, that’s why choosing the order and how much resources you’ll use is important.
Remember, after completing your article, it’s essential you go through it repeatedly to make it the best possible article you can.
Make sure your article doesn’t have any grammar/punctuation mistakes, and that the sentences make sense. If you do this, then you’ll have a solid piece of content you’ll be proud of and your readers will adore.